Rudai 23 things

Something of a strange title, but it is the name of an online course I am undertaking and which is being run by members of the Western Regional Section of the Library Association of Ireland.  It was mentioned on a forum that I belong to, so in a moment of weakness I  signed up.  Luckily several of my colleagues from across the UK have also signed in, so we can keep each other company and hopefully make some new friends as well.

the course literally takes you through a range of 23 topics which are important for modern librarians, from digital literacy to collaboration and marketing.  Each topic takes one week, so it is going to be a long slog, even if they say it is only about 2 hours per week.  I will be adding to this blog on a weekly basis for the duration, talking about what I learn, what I think.

2 thoughts on “Rudai 23 things

1. Hi Margaret,
    We’re delighted to have you on board for our Rudai 23 course. And also extremely jealous of your judging panel experience!!!
    Best of luck with the course, there are over a hundred blogs registered, so plenty to keep you company, lots of great posts on why people became librarians.
    Looking forward to reading your posts, let us know if you need any help, from the Rudai 23 team #Rudai23

• Hi Stephanie,
      I am glad that someone posted about this on the SLN forum, which is why you have so many school librarians taking part. Part of the joy of librarianship is the camaraderie that you find, as well as the need to extend our knowledge. Please keep up the good work.
      Margaret