Thing 4

Well today is very much about Google and all the additional things you can do with it, besides using the search engine.  I did a MOOC last year called “Digital Literacies” and there was a huge section about Google, so I was not sure whether this section would offer anything different – well it does!

I have finally got around to filling in my profile and sorting through the settings, I have even added a photo (not something I like doing).  I have got hangouts available but have not tried to contact anyone yet.  I really don’t like talking into a camera and I just seem to freeze up.  It seems strange as I have no problem talking to several hundred adults or children face to face.  So I think I will be happiest just doing the written hangouts.2013-08-02 18.36.18

I have also had a look at communities and there are loads of them linked to areas of interest.  the problem is that you end up with total overload, even if you do have years of experience in sifting information.  I get the feeling that I will have do do a lot more investigating and then decide which bits are going to be useful or interesting.

One thought on “Thing 4