Thing 14 – Augmented reality

I’ll admit this is something that I have not used before, although I did come across the concept in another course that I did last year.  My problem is that I am not a great user of mobile technology.  I have an iPad but my phone is just that.  I do not have a smart phone and cannot access the web from mine.  At some point in the past I decided that I wanted freedom from the shadow of the mobile phone.  My family will tell you that I am terrible about having the thing switched on and they can never get hold of me when I am out.  I do use my iPad quite a lot but it is for web searches, emails,  twitter, Facebook and taking pictures.  I have mentally assigned different uses for my various bits of technology and if I am using most digital tools then i prefer the laptop because of the bigger screen size.

I tried creating an ‘Aura’ yesterday and again today but I don’t think they were particularly successful.  Perhaps I need to see someone else creating them, or maybe it is just that I can’t see a use for the tool as far as my work is concerned.  Something for later, I think.