Thing 9 – Video

I am now well and truly out of my comfort zone.  As I mentioned in the podcast section I do not like speaking to camera or audio.  This sounds really strange as I will quite happily do a talk to several hundred people in a room but there is something about talking to an inanimate object that really freaks me a bit.  However I have decided to bite the bullet and to do a voice-over for a PowerPoint about Local History in the curriculum.  It is a course that I ran for several years and led on to other local history projects with schools.

Having hopefully got everything together I went to over to Screencast-o-matic which I used for a recording about strong passwords during another course last year.  Unfortunately the connection is rather slow and it may take some time to get it to link to the website, or maybe it is the Windows 10 giving issues – I do hope not, thankfully it has behaved itself since I upgraded last week.  When I have done the video I will put it on YouTube and put the link up on this blog.

Well here it is, the link to a YouTube upload that I have done.

It has been somewhat traumatic to say the least.  I had to re-set the microphone after my upgrade to Windows 10.  This was after I had uploaded a version where the sound did not work.  The latest version is fine for the sound, but it shows the slides in a working format rather than as a slideshow.  However I have decided to quit while I am ahead on this.  It seems that I will need to do a lot more practising to get this right.

3 thoughts on “Thing 9 – Video

1. Hi Margaret

I noticed you hadn’t embedded the YouTube video in your post so I’ve embedded it for you. Hope that was okay?

Many of our users aren’t aware of how easy it is to embed a YouTube video using the URL. You can read how easy it is here – http://help.edublogs.org/embedding-with-a-url/

Sue Waters
    Support Manager
    Edublogs | CampusPress

• Many thanks Sue,
      I am still getting to grips with some of the finer features of Edublogs but I really like using it.

Margaret